Do you have flood damage at your Chicago, IL home or business? We can help.
When your home floods, receding water leaves behind serious damage that impacts the house and your belongings. When your business floods, you have to recover as quickly as possible and get the doors open again with professional Chicago flood damage cleanup services.
Our teams respond to these emergency flood disasters and much more:
We service all of Chicagoland including the Gold Coast, Magnificent Mile, Lincoln Park, and suburbs Skokie, Evanston, Northbrook, Glenview and more.
Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba for 24 hour emergency help: 773-647-1985
Our Chicago Flood Cleanup Services
Flood recovery can seem overwhelming. We do everything possible to minimize further disruption to your home or business. In addition to our flood damage cleanup process, we provide these specialized services.
Inspection and Consultation
We immediately inspect your property and give you an overview of damages. Our team outlines the restoration process so that you know what to expect. We also discuss any flood insurance issues you might have.
Flooded Basement Cleanup
Chicago homes with basements are always hard hit during a flooding event. We’re ready to respond with truck-mounted water extraction equipment and expert flooded basement repair and restoration.
Demolition and Debris Removal
Our flood cleanup services include tearing out and disposing of all damaged materials. We also haul off general debris left behind by floodwaters. Our disposal work is done according to city and state regulations.
Flood-damaged properties require extensive structural drying to mitigate dangers such as soaked wall collapse and ceiling cave-ins. Our technicians speed up the process with advanced equipment, including high-volume air movers, axial fans and heavy-duty, desiccant dehumidifiers.
Mold Removal and Remediation
Unhealthy mold grows quickly in a flooded home or business. Our expert mold removal and remediation services are backed by industry certification. We make sure your Chicago property is mold-free after a flood.
The ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba Difference:
- 50+ years of combined flood damage restoration experience
- Guaranteed response time of under 90 minutes
- We manage your insurance claims
- Licensed, bonded, insured, IICRC certified
- We answer your call the first time
- Friendly customer service
How We Restore Your Flood-Damaged Property
Once a flooding event passes, the severity of the situation can seem devastating. You need expert emergency cleanup services. We’re ready to respond 24/7 with Chicago’s most trusted flood damage restoration process. (Also take a look at the City’s resource for flood cleanup)
Our teams inspect all flooded areas and assess the full extent of water damage throughout your property.
2. Detailed Action Plan.
We draw up a detailed restoration action plan and accurate estimate. You know exactly what to expect.
3. Property-Wide Water Removal.
We remove floodwater from basements and all affected floors with industry-proven extraction techniques.
4. Cleanup, Decontamination and Odor Removal
Because floodwater is highly contaminated, our cleanup procedures include sanitizing and deodorizing all affected areas.
5. Thorough Structural Drying
We ensure complete structural drying with heavy-duty air moving equipment, dehumidifiers and sublimation drying.
6. Careful Moisture Monitoring
During the dehumidification process, we closely monitor moisture levels with specialized infrared cameras, detection probes and sensors.
7. Damaged Fixture and Appliance Removal
While we work hard to salvage as much as possible, we also remove and dispose of large water-damaged items.
8. Expert Water Damage Reconstruction
Our teams handle drywall removal, baseboard and trim removal and flooring removal followed by expert reconstruction (upon request).
9. Certified Mold Removal
Industry-certified mold removal and remediation are critical components of our flood damage restoration process.
10. Your Final Approval
When our final work meets your approval, our job is done. It’s our goal to restore your property and your peace of mind.
The Dangers of Flood Water
Storm flooding leaves behind serious hazards that can impact your property and your health. Frequently monitor local news reports, and check alerts from NotifyChicago for the latest updates.
Be especially aware of these dangers in and around a flooded home.
- Downed power lines outside and damaged electrical components inside the house
- Gas leaks due to breaks in the gas main or your home’s gas lines
- Electrical shorts and extinguished pilot lights in the HVAC system
- Water supply contaminated by flood-borne biological waste and hazardous bacteria
- Obvious structural damage to walls, floors and ceilings
- Encounters with destructive pests, including rodents, snakes and stinging insects
Flood Damage Restoration Tips for Chicago Residents
You can begin initial water removal with mops and buckets, but don’t take any chances. Recovering from the impact of flooding takes time. It’s a big job that’s best handled by water damage professionals.
There are several things you can do right away. These restoration tips make it a little easier to deal with the aftermath of a Chicago flood at your home or business.
- Turn off the main water, gas and electricity supply to the property. If you can’t access your breaker box without standing in water, call an electrician or contact ComEd.
- Increase air circulation by opening up cabinet and closet doors. If you’re sure about safely running appliances, set up fans to jump-start the drying process.
- Always be extremely cautious working in or around floodwater. Wear protective gear, including heavy rubber boots, extended cuff gloves, disposable work clothes, goggles and a respirator mask.
- Don’t try to do all the work yourself. Contact a certified restoration company like ServiceMaster by Zaba. Their teams handle floodwater extraction, water damage mitigation, structural tear-outs, reconstruction and mold abatement.
- Pull up area rugs and any other removable floor coverings. Your restoration technicians can advise you about options for carpet cleaning after the flood, but in most cases, wall-to-wall carpeting can’t be salvaged.
- If possible, box and move photos, important documents and valuables to a dry location. Ask the restoration company about the availability of their pack-out and storage services.
- Never try to save packaged food contaminated by floodwater. Even canned goods can harbor bacteria on lids and hard surfaces. Securely bag and dispose of all food items affected by floodwater.
Flood Damage Resources
If you’re dealing with a flooded home or business, always put your personal safety first. You may want to turn off your property’s main water, electricity and gas supplies. If you’re not familiar with shutting down these utilities, contact your local providers for guidance.
Flood-damaged homes, condos, apartments, high-rises, hospitality properties, health care facilities, churches, schools and more can all benefit from such restoration service.
Typically, no. You need to purchase separate flood insurance. Speak to your insurance agent for more information.