It takes a lot of hard work to keep your business looking its best. Whether you manage an office building, run a restaurant or own a retail outlet, it’s your responsibility to keep the place spotless. It seems like there’s always so much that needs your attention.
Are workplace cleaning chores stealing your valuable time?
As Chicago’s leading commercial cleaning service, we can help. You’re better off leaving the heavy jobs to professionals, but we can save you time and elbow grease. Enjoy our handy list of commercial cleaning tips and tricks that you can put to work right now.
Streamline Cleaning with Smart Strategies
Every minute that you save in a busy day adds to productivity and boosts your bottom line. Streamline the time you spend on routine chores with these smart cleaning strategies:
• Store all supplies in one location, and keep them portable. Fill a lightweight plastic basket or wheeled cart with dusting spray, glass cleaner, isopropyl alcohol, paper towels and microfiber wipes.
• Shine keyboards and monitors with disposable towelettes designed to pick up crumbs, dust and debris. Discourage desktop lunches and snack breaks.
• Designate a central closet for the office vacuum, but don’t bury it behind supplies. Keep it ready to roll for regular cleaning and emergency pick-up duties.
• Garbage patrol goes faster when you keep refill trash liners in the bottom of bins. Just pull out the full bag, pop in a fresh liner, and save extra steps to the supply closet.
• Disinfectant wipes come in handy on restroom counters and break room tables. Encourage employees to use them on door knobs, faucets, fixtures, fridge handles and microwave controls.
• If you don’t use a cleaning service, designate and post routine duties, but let employees trade assignments. To keep things fair, rotate jobs on a regular basis. Using a checklist can help keeping everyone on top of all the important things you’d like to see taken care off.
Most of us know that execution of routine cleaning duties takes more than supplies, a nice checklist, and patience. But how do you get it to work? Take a look at our recently published blog helping you set up an in-house cleaning program.
Let Professionals Handle the Big Projects
You actually save money by hiring professional cleaning services for big jobs. They get the work done quickly, and that reduces your downtime. Unless you’re ready to invest in heavy equipment and special products, it’s always a good idea to leave these projects in the hands of trained professionals:
• Carpet cleaning – Steam cleaning keeps carpets looking their best, and it also extends fiber life. Many manufacturers base warranty coverage on regular, documented carpet care.
• Upholstery Cleaning – Professional services eliminate accumulated dirt and odors in all types of furnishings and fabrics. Stain resistant treatments are available too.
• Air Duct Cleaning – This is a specialty service that must be performed by professionals. It’s an important sanitizing routine that contributes to improved indoor air quality and employee health.
Bank the Benefits of a Spotless Workplace
A clean business environment really is a money-saver. It’s much more cost-effective to bring in a professional cleaning company than it is to redirect employees’ time away from their jobs. When your workplace stays clean, you can bank on these benefits for a positive bounce in your bottom line:
• Healthy employees turn in better job performance. Sanitary offices, restrooms and break rooms greatly reduce the cost of employee sick days and lost productivity.
• A spotless foyer, store front or dining room always makes the right impression on customers. They appreciate the pride you take in keeping your business looking its best.
• You’re prepared for cleaning emergencies. Well-kept carpets, flooring and fabrics hold up better to accidents, clean up more quickly and resist staining.
• Regular cleaning reduces the expense of replacing carpets and furnishings by greatly extending fiber and fabric life. It also reduces high-traffic wear and tear.
• You and your employees enjoy real peace of mind. A spotless workplace provides everyone with a comfortable environment that encourages creativity and productivity.
Custom Commercial Cleaning
We hope that our tips take some of the work out of your office cleaning chores. Our team really enjoys sharing ideas that make a difference at your business and around the house. We always appreciate your feedback, so let us know how we’re doing through our Comments Section.
Whenever you need help around the workplace, you can count on us for the best commercial cleaning services available.
We specialize in custom plans for all types of office cleaning across Chicago and the suburbs. Just give our team a call here at ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba.