Leaving things to chance isn’t an option when you’re in the restaurant business. You network with the best vendors, keep equipment in top shape and work out detailed schedules for every shift.
Your staff understands their specific duties before and after each service, but have you provided them with an itemized restaurant restroom cleaning checklist?
It’s a simple way to make sure this important job gets done every day with extra attention weekly and monthly. As one of Chicago’s most experienced restaurant cleaning companies, we offer this overview for developing your restaurant’s in-house bathroom cleaning checklist.
An Organized Approach to Restaurant Restroom Cleaning
Whether you own a casual dining location or manage one of the city’s five-star restaurants, you know how important it is to maintain a restaurant cleaning schedule. In a busy foodservice market like Chicago, a restaurant restroom cleaning checklist can save time and streamline in-house operations.
Daily Bathroom Cleaning Duties
Restrooms are some of the busiest areas in restaurants. Daily care from your employees keeps bathrooms fresh and clean around the clock, and that keeps your guests happy.
• Sweep floors at least once per shift, and mop after closing.
• Wipe down sinks and counters several times a day.
• Clean and sanitize toilets and urinals at the end of each service.
• Disinfect touch points including door knobs and stall locks.
• Check and fill soap, toilet paper and towel dispensers, and empty trash.
Power Tip: Keep all cleaning supplies handy under bathroom sinks or in storage closets so that you can quickly tell when you need to restock.
Weekly Cleaning Responsibilities
Weekly restroom cleaning jobs take a little longer than daily routines, so schedule them during downtime between services or after you’re closed for business.
• Clean windows including sills, tracks and hardware.
• Polish mirrors, frames, splashbacks and countertops.
• Dust all surfaces, light fixtures and light bulbs.
• Polish stall doors and hardware inside and out.
• Check for leaks and mold behind toilets and under sinks.
• Make sure sink and floor drains stay clean and clog-free.
Power Tip: Give staff contact information for your plumber and restoration contractor in case of emergencies like burst pipes or sewage backup.
Monthly Cleaning Projects
Monthly cleaning projects keep your restaurant’s bathrooms sparkling from floor to ceiling. It’s easier to take care of this heavy work when it’s addressed on a regular basis.
• Clean walls with appropriate products to remove dirt and smudges.
• Scrub and polish floor, wall and counter tile and grout.
• Clean baseboards, door tops, interior window frames and wall and ceiling trim.
• Dust overhead fixtures including ceiling fans, lighting and sprinkler components.
Power Tip: Make sure employees understand the importance of bathroom duties. Post your restaurant restroom cleaning checklist so that they can sign off on finished jobs, and always let them know how much you appreciate their hard work.
Consider a Restaurant Cleaning Service
Depending on the size of your business and staff, you might consider turning the restaurant bathroom cleaning checklist over to a professional service. It’s often more cost effective to bring in outside cleaning crews. When you work with a cleaning and restoration contractor, you can:
• Schedule regular carpet, upholstery and duct cleaning services.
• Develop customized plans that include eco-friendly green cleaning options.
• Access specialized services like mold removal and graffiti cleanup.
• Count on backup for emergencies like water or fire damage.
• Call in professional crews for one-time projects including post-construction or remodel cleanup.
Professional cleaning teams give a restaurant regular, focused attention that keeps it spotless from front to back of house. If you’d like more information about our restaurant cleaning packages, we’re happy to explain our full line of certified services in detail.
We Welcome Your Input
We know your pride in your business extends from the front doors to the restrooms. Use our checklist to organize bathroom cleaning in your restaurant, and tell us how it works for you through our Comments Section. Your input is always welcome, so we invite you to join our online conversation.
When your food service operations need an expert restaurant deep cleaning service, we can help. We earn our reputation as one of the best restaurant cleaning companies in Chicago and the suburbs every day, so give us a call here at ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba.