Are you dealing with water damage at your Northbrook, IL property due to a leaky or burst pipe? We can help.
A pipe bursts while you’re sleeping and floods the house. A leak in the sprinkler system at your workplace soaks interiors, inventory and equipment. It’s hard to deal with the sudden damage caused by plumbing failures. You need help right away.
ServiceMaster by Zaba of Northbrook is ready to respond with certified water damage cleanup services for residential and commercial properties in zip codes 60026, 60062, and 60065.
When you face the aftermath of frozen pipes or leaking water lines at your Northbrook home or business, our teams get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
We’re ready to clean up water damage after these emergencies and more:
• Pipe leaks behind walls and in ceilings
• Frozen burst pipes in basements and attics
• Leaking dishwasher and disposal lines
• Ruptured washing machine hoses
• Leaks from broken water heaters
• Pipes leaking under kitchen and bath sinks
• Faulty toilet supply lines and flush pipes
• Clogged HVAC condensate lines
• Broken fire sprinkler heads and pipes
Our 5-Step Plumbing Leak Water Damage Cleanup Process for Northbrook, IL
1. Water Damage Assessment
Our teams arrive in ServiceMaster Northbrook vans ready to clean and restore your water-damaged property.
We quickly assess the extent of damage, determine the most effective cleanup strategy and explain our action plan.
2. Immediate Water Extraction
Water removal begins right away. We take care of standing water with powerful truck-mounted extraction equipment. Residual water is removed with specialized vacuuming tools that are highly efficient and time-effective.
3. Property-Wide Drying
Next, we set up industrial-grade drying equipment throughout the water-damaged areas.
Our large axial fans, centrifugal air movers, floor drying systems and desiccant dehumidifiers speed up the structural drying process.
4. Cleaning and Disinfecting
Water from plumbing leaks and burst pipes is often contaminated, and it breeds dangerous mold growth in porous materials.
We address both problems with industry-proven techniques and products. Our teams clean and disinfect all affected areas, and we eliminate all traces of mold.
5. Tear-Out and Restoration
Finally, we remove materials that can’t be salvaged and begin reconstruction. From replacing drywall to repairing water-damaged ceilings, our teams restore your property’s interiors.
We also clean and restore salvageable contents, such as personal belongings, electronics, paper documents and business inventory.
7 Warning Signs of a Leaky Pipe in Your Northbrook, IL Property
1. Noises From Pipes – Bangs and rattles indicate potential pipe damage that causes leaks.
2. Odd Smells at Faucets – Strange smells around faucets are typical signs of supply or drain line leaks.
3. Brownish or Cloudy Water – Discolored water may be due to corrosion in leaky pipes.
4. Unusual Marks on Walls – Stained areas on drywall are clues indicating hidden plumbing leaks.
5. Puddles on Floors – Wet spots on floors are sure signs of leaks around appliances and under sinks.
6. Uptick in Water Bills – A sudden increase in your monthly water bill is often due to undetected pipe leaks.
7. Changes in Water Pressure – Fluctuating water pressure can signal problems caused by leaking plumbing.
What Causes Pipes to Leak or Burst in Northbrook Homes?
• Pipes Age Out – As pipes age, their materials and components break down. Pipe leaks in older Northbrook homes are usually due to worn-out galvanized or iron plumbing.
• Corrosion Sets In – High oxygen levels, low pH levels and hard water contribute to corrosion in pipes. The results are leaks caused by a breakdown in pipe structure.
• Pressure Fluctuates – Excessive fluctuation in water pressure weakens pipe materials and components. Pipes can develop slow leaks, or they can suddenly rupture.
• Connections Come Loose – Over time, connections around pipe joints, supply lines and drains become loose. These types of plumbing leaks are often hidden behind walls.
• Temperatures Plummet – Extreme cold freezes water inside pipes and results in pipe bursts. These breaks can be severe and cause extensive water damage.
What to Do When You Have an Emergency Water Leak in Northbrook
When you’re dealing with an emergency water leak, these steps minimize the water damage to your home or business.
1. Turn Off the Water – Locate your property’s main water valve, and shut it off. This stops the flow of water coming into the plumbing system and feeding the leak.
2. Open All the Faucets – Drain remaining water from the plumbing system by opening all the cold and hot water taps.
3. Mop Up as Much as Possible – Use a mop and bucket to remove standing water. Towels and newspapers can help blot up residual moisture.
4. Circulate Fresh Air – Set up fans to circulate fresh air through the water-damaged areas, and open windows if possible. This helps start the drying process.
5. Call Our Water Damage Pros – Contact us here at ServiceMaster by Zaba in Northbrook. You can depend on us for a fast response to your water leak emergency with complete water-damage cleanup and restoration services.
Why Choose ServiceMaster Northbrook for Leaky Pipe Water Damage Cleanup?
A burst water pipe needs immediate attention. We’re on the scene within 45 minutes or less.
You can depend on our response time because our headquarters are located in nearby Skokie.
ServiceMaster by Zaba in Northbrook, IL is always ready for any frozen pipe repair or burst pipe emergency at your home or business.
Plumbers don’t clean up a property after leaking or burst pipe repair. We take care of it with 24/7 emergency services.
As a certified water damage company, we’re equipped to clean, disinfect and restore your Northbrook property from floors to ceilings.
When we respond to your call for emergency water damage cleanup, we make sure your home or business is completely restored to its pre-loss condition.
Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of water damage mitigation, remediation and restoration.
Whether it’s burst pipes at your Northbrook home or workplace, we tackle damage from leaking pipes with advanced equipment and the latest techniques.
ServiceMaster by Zaba in Northbrook is industry certified in every type of water damage cleanup. When we’re on the job, you know your home or business is in expert hands.