Has ice dam water leaked into your Chicago home? We can help.
Are you wondering who to call for ice dam water damage repair?
Look no further. We’re a local restoration contractor that handles everything from damp drywall and wet floors to soggy personal belongings.
You can’t stop our freezing weather, but you can count on Chicago’s best when you need help with winter disasters.
Give us a call right now for immediate help in Chicago, IL and suburbs: 773-647-1985
The ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba Difference:
- 50+ years of combined restoration experience
- Guaranteed response time of under 90 minutes
- We manage your insurance claims
- Licensed, bonded, insured, IICRC certified
- 24/7 emergency availability
- We answer your call the first time
How Do We Clean Up Water Damage From Ice Dams?
From a leaking roof to leaking windows, ice dams spread water damage throughout your home. We take a whole-house approach to tackling ice dam water leaks.
We start by determining the points of water entry from the roof into your home. Our technicians use infrared thermal imaging equipment to track the extent of visible damage and pinpoint hidden moisture.
Once we’ve assessed the scope of damage throughout the house, we get to work cleaning, drying and restoring your home from floor to ceiling.
We use advanced equipment and technologies to clean, dry and restore all affected areas. You can depend on us to:
• Address water damage in the attic including wet insulation.
• Repair ceiling leaks and replace damaged materials.
• Clean, disinfect and deodorize all affected surfaces.
• Tear out and replace badly damaged drywall.
• Set up heavy-duty axial fans, dehumidifiers and air scrubbers.
• Finish up with certified mold remediation as needed.
• Take care of all water-damaged personal belongings.
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Depending on the location and roof height, we can help. However, a roof with a steep pitch makes the work dangerous. We strongly recommend following the advice of most roofers: Let the dams melt on their own.
Most policies cover water damage resulting from ice dams. Our cleaning and restoration services are also covered by homeowners insurance. In fact, we can assist you with filing your claim. Keep in mind that very few policies cover removing ice dams from the roof.
Repair costs vary from one job to the next. It all depends on the extent of damage and the repairs necessary to complete our restoration work. When we inspect your property, you receive a complementary damage assessment that details exactly what needs to be done.
Use a roof rake to pull down snow and keep it from accumulating along edges. Some homeowners hire an electrician to install heat cables while others use aluminum ice belts along the roofline. There are ice dam removal products available that can speed up the melting process, but prevention is always your smartest strategy.