ServiceMaster by Zaba provides residential hardwood floor cleaning services in Chicago & Suburbs for homeowners and property managers.
Hard floors are often used in today’s homes and commercial properties. At first, hard flooring appears to be easy to clean and maintain. However, these materials tend to have soil accumulate over time, and eventually you’ll need professional cleaning to remove this buildup. The professionals at ServiceMaster by Zaba are equipped with the right tools and superior cleaning supplies to get your floors looking their best.
Our staff of dedicated professionals are Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration certified, which means that we are knowledgeable in every aspect of the residential and commercial cleaning, recovery, and restoration process.
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to assure you of the high quality cleaning and care. Give us a call NOW 773.647.1985!
Our Hardwood Floor Cleaning Services Include:
- Preliminary inspection of your floors to determine the best cleaning method
- Pre-treating spots and stains
- Pre-applying shampoo to loosen ground-in soil
- Rinsing carpets using clear hot water
- Post-treating any residual stains
- Grooming carpet for efficient drying and uniform appearance
- Placing pads under furniture legs to protect the carpet while drying
- Performing final inspection with you present to ensure complete satisfaction
Although genuine wood flooring can be expensive, caring for it doesn’t have to be. Having your hardwood floors professionally cleaned is a less costly alternative to replacing them. We believe your hardwood floors can and should always look new. The key is to keep them in good shape before you have to go through the time, expense, and inconvenience of sanding and refinishing. Count on ServiceMaster Clean by Zaba to keep your hardwood floors looking their best.
ServiceMaster by Zaba will determine which WoodGlo to apply to your floors. WoodGlo is safe, yet aggressive and it removes dirt, debris, grease, hair, soil, dust, built-up residue and contaminants left behind from other cleaning products trapped in your floors. The right solution for you depends on the level of protection you desire for your floors.
Benefits of Our WoodGlo Cleaning System:
- Unbeatable clean and shine
- Reduced wear on floor surfaces
- Dust-free burnishing
- Enhanced slip resistance
- Fast dry times
- Less yellowing
- Low odor
- Simplified maintenance
*** Results may vary depending on the condition of your hardwood floors. Heavily damaged floors may need sanding and refinishing.
What to Expect
- Step 1: ServiceMaster Clean by Zaba trained technicians will come to your home to perform an inspection of your floors looking for scratches, discolorations, cracks, etc.
- Step 2: Based on your needs and expectations, the technician will recommend the proper way to restore your floors, whether or not it’s a service we provide.
- Step 3: Our next step is to fully explain your service options to you.
- Step 4: Once you select your option, we then scrub your floors with the automatic wood floor scrubber and proprietary cleaning solutions.
- Step 5: Finally, our technician will re-inspect the floors with you to ensure you are satisfied.
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning.
- Move heavy items such as pianos, sofas, entertainment centers, china cabinets or any other large furniture out of the rooms we will be cleaning. If items are too large to move, consult with your technician.
- Pick up items from the floor such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc.
- Vacuum or dust mop all debris on hardwood floors prior to your cleaning.
- Allow drying time of at least one to two hours before you walk on your floors in sock feet.
- Protect floors from getting wet for 24 hours after application.
- Return furniture to your floors (with suggested use of felt pads) after 24 hours.
- Return rugs to floors after 24 hours.
Daily Care Tips for Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are beautiful, but they aren’t maintenance-free. The key to keeping them beautiful is to protect the floor’s finish by keeping your floor as clean as possible. Lingering soil can act like sand paper on your floors if it is not regularly swept or vacuumed. Dirt and soil can cause scratches in your wood floor’s finish as well as dull the sheen of the floor.
No matter what type of wood floors you have, the best way to care for them on a daily basis is through sweeping or vacuuming with soft bristles. Some vacuums have a “non-carpet” setting that works well on bare, hard surface floors. Here are some additional tips:
- Use doormats at all exterior entrances and exits to trap sand and grit before it gets into your home and scratches the floor. Ground-in dirt is what makes floors look dirty and dull and can also create small scratches and flaws in the finish.
- Use area rugs on high traffic pathways, particularly in pivot areas like the ends of steps and doorways. Avoid using rugs that have rubber backs as this does not allow for proper ventilation.
- Standing water can damage wood floors. Be sure to clean up spills immediately.
- A quick dry mopping or vacuuming — anywhere from daily to weekly depending on usage — will help maintain your floors.
- Utilize furniture protectors under furniture that will be moved regularly, like dining room chairs. Furniture can scratch and dent wood flooring.
- Do not wet mop your wood floor; it can harm the finish. Never use wax, oil soap or other household cleaners on your wood floor. They can dull the finish and make refinishing more difficult.
- Do not walk on your wood floors in shoes with high heels and be sure to keep the nails on your pets trimmed to prevent scratches to your floors.
- Maintain a consistent humidity level. Humidity can cause wood floors to swell, buckle, crack, shrink or create gaps.
- Check for wear periodically and do not wait until wood floors show extreme wear and tear before you take action. Call ServiceMaster by Zaba to give your wood floors the cleaning and protection they need.
- Is professional hardwood floor cleaning expensive?
Professional hardwood floor cleaning is a fraction of the price compared to getting your hardwood floors sanded and refinished. Letting ServiceMaster by Zaba refurbish your floors allows you to bypass contacting a contractor to re-sand your floors, which may be more expensive. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- How long does it take to get the cleaning done?
Typically, it should not take more than a few hours depending on the size of the area to be cleaned. It’s best to allow 24 hours for drying to allow the floor to cure properly.
- Will the service be disruptive to my family?
ServiceMaster by Zaba professionals can perform services at the convenience of you and your family. Your floors will be ready for use with sock feet traffic within a couple of hours.
- Will my floors turn yellow afterwards?
Hardwood floors that are coated with ServiceMaster water-based finishes will retain a clean, non-yellowing appearance.
- Can I use household cleaning products on my floors?
Never use wax, oil soap or other household cleaners; they can dull the finish and make refinishing more difficult.
- When will I be able to walk on my floors afterwards?
Allow drying time of at least one to two hours before you walk on your floors in sock feet. It’s best to allow 24 hours for drying to allow the floor to cure properly.
- Will there be an odor?
You may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. An advantage of using our water-based finishes is they have less harmful fumes than oil-based finishes thanks to their low volatile organic compounds (VOC) levels.
- Will the cleaning generate dust?
No, our recoating process is dustless, which keeps your home cleaner.
- I think my hardwood floors may need to be refinished but I’m worried about the price. What should I do?
Call ServiceMaster by Zaba and one of our trained professionals will come to your home to inspect your floors. He/she will recommend the best way to restore your floors. We offer an intensive cleaning process that doesn’t require sanding. And this process is a fraction of the price compared to getting your wood floors sanded and refinished.
- A fire almost destroyed my hardwood floors? What should I do?
Leave the challenge to us. In many instances, getting them cleaned by a professional can help restore the natural beauty of your wood floors.
- What do I do if major amounts of water, flood related or not, has come into contact with my hardwood floor?
Don’t rip up the flooring because you think all hope is lost. Instead, call your ServiceMaster by Zaba professionals. In some instances, getting your wood floors professionally cleaned will bring your wood floors back to life and help restore your peace of mind. We also provide an in-place drying system that will remove the moisture from your floors and provide in-place drying procedures, once the floors are dry then you can sand, stain and refinish without tearing out your floors.
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Yes, we ask that you remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning. Pick up items from the floor such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc. Vacuum or dust mop all debris on hardwood floors prior to your cleaning. Move heavy items such as pianos, sofas, entertainment centers, china cabinets or any other large furniture out of the rooms we will be cleaning. If items are too large to move, consult with your technician.
- Do I have to move furniture?
Yes. We do not remove heavy items such as pianos, sofas, entertainment centers, china cabinets or any other large furniture. We recommend that you have any such items moved prior to your appointment date. If items are too large to move, consult with your technician.
- Are there instructions to follow after my hardwood floors are cleaned?
It’s best to allow drying time of at least one to two hours before you walk on your floors in sock feet. Be cautious and protect floors from getting wet for 24 hours after application of either finish as it is not thoroughly cured yet. You can return furniture to your floors (with suggested use of felt pads) after 24 hours and return rugs to floors after 24 hours.
For more information regarding hardwood floor cleaning services you can simply fill out our contact form or call us at (773) 647-1985 at any time of the day or night for all of your floor cleaning, janitorial, and fire and flood remediation needs.