Are you facing water damage caused by burst or leaky pipes at your Gold Coast, Chicago property? We can help.
When a burst pipe floods your Gold Coast home or business, you take care of it immediately. A slow pipe leak behind a wall doesn’t get fixed until you notice the signs of water damage.
Regardless of the situation, the aftermath is a soggy mess that quickly spreads. You need help right away.
ServiceMaster by Zaba tackles all types of burst and leaking pipe water damage emergencies in Gold Coast zip codes 60610 and 6061. We clean and restore area homes, condos, hotels, restaurants, retail properties and more.
These are just a few examples of the pipe damage emergencies we respond to every day.
• Pipe leaks under sinks and behind cabinets
• Frozen burst pipes in basements and crawl spaces
• Ruptured appliance supply and drain lines
• Leaking pipes behind walls and inside ceilings
• Broken water heater connections
• Leaks in AC condensate lines
• Broken fire sprinkler systems
• Corroded pipes leaking in older properties
Our Pipe Leak Cleanup Process for Gold Coast Residents
1. Inspection and Action Plan
We arrive at your home or business within 90 minutes of your call. Our teams inspect all areas impacted by the pipe burst or leak and quickly develop an action plan.
We share the details with you, answer any questions and address your concerns.
2. Water Extraction and Mitigation
Our technicians remove standing water using highly efficient truck-mounted extraction systems. We handle preliminary cleanup, clear out debris and tear out materials that can’t be salvaged.
Water damage mitigation includes hauling off crumbling drywall, ruined carpeting and collapsed ceilings. We pack-out and dispose of unsalvageable contents, including furniture and appliances.
3. Applied Structural Drying
Our applied structural drying process reduces the risk of secondary water damage caused by pipe leaks or burst pipes. We set up aerodynamic axial fans, centrifugal air movers and heavy-duty desiccant dehumidifiers.
4. Cleanup and Mold Removal
Next, we clean, sanitize and deodorize all water-damaged interiors. We remove and remediate mold using industry-certified techniques. Our teams also clean salvageable contents, such as personal belongings and business equipment.
5. Complete Property Restoration
During this last step, we rebuild walls, ceilings and floors, and then finish with a post-restoration cleanup. From baseboards and trim to soft goods and business inventory, our technicians wrap up every detail.
Your home or workplace is completely restored to its pre-loss condition. We accompany you on a walk-through inspection and answer any last questions you might have.
With your final approval of our work, we thank you for your business and consider our job done.
7 Signs of Pipe Leaks in Your Gold Coast Home
1. Musty Smells From Faucets – Pipes corroded by leaks cause water to smell musty
2. Discolored Water – That same corrosion makes tap water appear dirty or rusty.
3. Damp Areas on Floors – Floors that feel damp in spots are often signs of pipe breaks.
4. Noise Inside Walls – Pipes leaking inside walls can make gurgling or dripping sounds.
5. Stains on Walls – A leaky pipe can soak drywall, leaving behind stained patches.
6. Fluctuating Water Pressure – Damaged pipes often cause water pressure to fluctuate.
7. Higher Water Bills – Unusually high water bills may be due to an undetected pipe leak.
Why Choose Us for Gold Coast, Chicago Burst Pipe Cleanup?
Our staff answers the phone 24/7. We’re standing by, ready to dispatch our technicians in fully equipped service vans. We arrive at your door within 90 minutes of your call.
We bring more than 90 years of combined experience to residential and commercial jobs. Our technicians are IICRC-certified and highly trained in all types of water damage cleanup, mitigation and restoration.
Dealing with water damage is never easy. That’s why we make sure you understand our process. From addressing your concerns to navigating the insurance claims process, we take care of you.
What Causes Pipe Bursts or Leaks in Chicago’s Gold Coast Homes?
- Clogged Drain Lines – Clogs deep inside drain lines create backups that result in pipe leaks.
- Pipe Seal Damage – Deteriorated seals around plumbing supply lines allow pipes to leak.
- Age and Corrosion – Problems in older plumbing can result from corrosion buildup inside pipes.
- Fluctuating Pressure – Constant pressure fluctuations hammer pipes and loosen connections.
- Freezing Temperatures – Frozen water inside supply lines exert enormous pressure and cause burst pipes.
What Should You Do When You Have a Water Leak Emergency in Gold Coast?
1. Shut Down the Water Supply
Locate your property’s main water valve. Turn it off, and then open up all the faucets. This drains water out of the leaking or burst pipe, reducing the chances of further damage.
2. Check the Electricity
If you think the pipe leak may have compromised wiring, outlets or fixtures, shut down the electricity to affected areas. Don’t try to use appliances or electrical equipment until you’re sure of your personal safety.
Don’t take chances. If you have any doubts about the situation, call a licensed electrician.
3. Contact Your Insurance Company
Call your insurance company, and explain the situation. Let them know you’re dealing with a water damage emergency. Ask them to schedule an adjuster’s visit as soon as possible.
4. Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba
Broken pipes can flood a property in just a few minutes. When you contact our staff, we dispatch our technicians immediately.
We’re on the scene in 90 minutes or less, ready to get to work. If you’re facing a water emergency call us right away: (773) 647-1985
5. Document the Water Damage
Don’t try to clean up the mess by yourself. Instead, take pictures of all affected interiors and contents. The photos document your losses and support your water-damage insurance claim.
Leave everything in place so that the adjuster can clearly see the damages caused by the plumbing emergency.
What Customers Are Saying
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR GOLD COAST RESIDENTS
Cleaning up water damage from leaky or burst pipes costs between $3,000 and $8,000. The cost is usually based on the total square footage of areas that need restoration. Call us for a free quote: 773-647-1985.
No, but we can recommend licensed plumbers who we’ve worked with for years. Our expertise covers cleanup, mitigation, remediation, interior restoration and content recovery.
Yes, we’re happy to assist with the claims process. Our staff works with local and national insurance companies every day. We know how to navigate the paperwork and expedite your claim.