Club members have very high standards. You exceed their expectations on a daily basis by overseeing operations and taking care of staff. As a country club manager, you stay busy with duties from the front doors and foyer to the dining room, kitchen and banquet spaces.
It’s your responsibility to make sure every room on the property always looks its best. When was the last time you updated your country club cleaning checklist?
We understand how much you have to cover. Over the years, we’ve developed a full line of commercial cleaning services for Chicago country clubs. We can help you refresh cleaning strategies and reorganize cleaning schedules.
Your Updated Checklist: Country Club Cleaning & Clubhouse Maintenance
Every country club property features a different floor plan, but they all share basic cleaning and maintenance requirements. Our country club cleaning checklist organizes routine jobs and specific maintenance goals by room with recommended scheduling for different duties.
1. Entryways and Foyers
These areas are the first to greet members and impress guests. Clean entryways and foyers are invitations to enjoy the club, and they should extend a fresh welcome every day.
• Daily – Sweep floors, vacuum carpets, polish door knobs and light switches.
• Weekly – Clean windows inside and out, dust fixtures, wipe smudges from doors and walls.
• Monthly – Dust baseboards, check for cobwebs in corners, clean overhead light fixtures.
• Maintenance – Deep clean carpets, polish hardwood floors as needed.
2. Club, Meeting and Banquet Rooms
Multi-function rooms provide space for everything from committee meetings to special events. Members expect these rooms to always be clean and ready for use.
• Daily – Vacuum carpets and rugs, sweep and mop floors, dust furnishings.
• Weekly – Polish all glass and mirrors, inspect furnishings for stains.
• Monthly – Shine fixtures, polish wood paneled walls, dust baseboards.
• Maintenance – Professionally clean upholstery, steam clean carpets, maintain hardwood floors.
3. Dining Rooms
Dining rooms need to be cleaned between each service. Waitstaff responsibilities include these duties, but maintenance should be taken care of by a commercial cleaning contractor.
• Daily – Wipe down tables and chairs, sweep floors, vacuum carpets.
• Weekly – Polish mirrors, windows and all wood surfaces including hostess stands and display cases.
• Monthly – Clean table and chair legs, polish fixtures and wood paneling, dust baseboards.
• Maintenance – Inspect and polish wood floors, deep clean carpets and upholstery.
4. Kitchen Areas
Sanitary kitchens and adjacent prep stations are priorities for maintaining food safety standards. These areas need to be cleaned before and after each service, banquet and special event.
• Daily – Wipe down all equipment, disinfect surfaces, sweep and mop.
• Weekly – Deep clean equipment, disinfect floors and floor drains, polish windows.
• Monthly – Drain and sanitize ice machines, clean grease traps, wash down walls.
• Maintenance – Wash vent hoods, clean out and sanitize freezers, disinfect all tile and grout.
5. Bathrooms and Locker Rooms
The condition of these areas reflects a property’s overall cleanliness. Club members appreciate sparkling facilities that back up their confidence in how well management handles general operations.
• Daily – Wipe down sinks and counters, sweep and mop floors, clean and sanitize toilets.
• Weekly – Polish mirrors and windows, sanitize and deodorize sinks and counters.
• Monthly – Clean stall walls and doors, disinfect tile and grout especially behind toilet fixtures.
• Maintenance – Inspect areas around pipes for leaks and signs of mold, pre-treat drains to avoid clogs.
Bringing In a Professional Cleaning Service
While your staff can cover most of the jobs on our checklist, there are advantages to bringing in a cleaning contractor for clubhouse maintenance. By hiring outside help, you free up employee time for specific in-house duties, and that streamlines scheduling. You also enjoy:
• Expert carpet and floor care provided by certified technicians.
• Upholstery cleaning, stain removal and stain-prevention treatments.
• Additional services including air duct cleaning and mold remediation.
A full-service cleaning company also offers post-construction cleanup after property remodels as well as water and fire damage restoration. From power washing sidewalks to removing graffiti, a cleaning contractor provides valuable backup and dependable services that help you keep club operations running smoothly.
We’re Here to Help
We offer our checklist as a guide to organizing cleaning and maintenance at your property. It’s easily modified to suit your schedule whether you take care of everything in-house or bring in professional country club cleaners.
Let us know how you customize this checklist through our Comments Section. If we can help in any way, contact us here at ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba. We’re always available and ready to answer your call with the finest commercial cleaning services in Chicago and the suburbs.