ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba- Chicago, IL and Suburbs
With more than 4,500 franchises around the world, ServiceMaster Clean and ServiceMaster Restore have been in the cleaning and disaster restoration business for more than half a century. ServiceMaster Clean and ServiceMaster Restore professionals are part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands, one of the world’s largest and most versatile service networks with locations in the U.S. and Canada as well as 40 countries around the world. ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba is looking to expand its team of Restoration Technicians.
The Restoration Technician position includes but is not limited to: working and managing water, fire, mold, sewage, trauma, board-up, construction, general cleaning, carpet cleaning, and other types of jobs as deemed necessary from start to finish. It is the responsibility of the Restoration Technician to come to work each day in a neat, clean, upbeat, enjoyable, and presentable fashion that best represents our company.
The Restoration Technician will report directly to the Operations Manager. There is tremendous room for growth within our organization for the right individual.
The Restoration Technician understands that ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba is a 24/7 disaster based business and even when not “On-Call” may be asked to work after hours and on weekends/holidays.
IICRC Certifications in Water/Fire/Mold/Carpet/ASD are a plus but not required for the right candidate. Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
Pay will coincide with experience and certifications. (please do not call the office, we received many resumes, all resumes are kept on file, we will request an interview when there is a job opening)
Disaster Restoration Company, specializing in water, fire, and mold damage is looking to hire an enthusiastic, career-minded individual to become a successful part of our team. We provide emergency services to clients suffering property disasters/emergencies. As our front-line customer contact, you will be responsible for providing professional, friendly service in our fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure positive customer experience with every interaction
- Respond to emergency phone calls, communicate with technicians, schedule work flow
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to succeed each and every day
- Perform administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors
- EXCELLENT PHONE SKIILS IS A TOP PRIORITY
- Perform general customer service duties; follow up, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Communication is very important in this position as well as customer file- follow-ups.
Qualifications and Skills
- Speaks clearly and effectively to customers, insurance agents, and adjusters
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and Outlook), and Internet Must be able to navigate all with ease.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Capable of handling customer concerns
- Strong aptitude to learning new processes and procedures.
- Strong aptitude to learning and utilizing software programs.
- Miscellaneous Duties
This position is for in-office. Monday-Friday from 8:30 to 4:30, there is an occasional on-call weekend (this on-call weekend is done remotely so it’s easy to navigate your day to day activities)
Starting Pay $18.00
Project Managers lead our production activities in the field, making decisions that impact the success of the assignment. They perform a variety of tasks, monitors and inspects tasks for commercial and residential restoration jobs to ensure completion of drying, demolition and various restoration activities, prepares/reviews documentation to include notes, photos and documents according to company policies and procedures, explains processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to resolution in person to customers, supervise techs assigned to the job. You will need not only your excellent technical skills, you must have the necessary Customer Service skills that are necessary to work through difficult situations.
You may assist the Estimator or will be responsible for creating estimates in Xactimate utilizing the program guidelines and IICRC standards. Must have basic construction background which includes basic understanding of building materials, flooring and other materials affected by wind, water, fire, smoke and other property damage causes. You will make a difference here. From helping clients solve the needs they have, helping our company grow and prosper.
- Retrieves work orders, checks route for travel, ensures appropriate equipment and supplies are loaded on truck needed for job, arrives to work site
- Completes assigned jobs according to company processes, maintains quality control within the budget of each job
- May perform daily monitoring on active residential and/or commercial jobs and communicates with customers.
- Maintains records of personnel and resources used on projects and communicates all billable events to others.
- May be responsible for creation of estimates in applicable software
- Inspect and scope jobs onsite-and works with Project Manager/ Crew Chief/Lead Tech on scope of job
- Document / review loss with clear and descriptive job photos and upload into operating system/software
- May write mitigation and reconstruction estimates using Xactimate
- Communicates conversations and key information on the job using the notes feature in required software
- Estimates using carrier audit standards and manages the estimate based on feedback from client and customer
- Explains drying process and next steps to resolution in person to customers using printed materials as a guide
- Interfaces with adjusters and customers in person, over the phone, and virtually to resolve issues and answer questions about the loss
- May perform quality assurance inspections after completion and obtain customer signatures for approval, requests payments when necessary.
- Prepares documentation and pictures according to company policies and procedures to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies
- May train new technicians or key operational team members
- High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of insurance restoration and or construction industry
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Able to work independently or work with/lead a team
- Exhibit professionalism, maturity, and the willingness to serve the customer
- Experience managing teams of 2 or more
- Experience with entering data using a tablet or mobile phone
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Must be able to prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Working on-call schedule is required
- Certifications preferred:
- ASD – Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- OCT – Odor Control Technician
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration Technician
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Be exposed to various inside and outside working conditions: The change of environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.